Thursday, September 19, 2013

Digital Natives Digital Immigrants


As Prensky explains Digital Natives are “native speakers” of the digital language of computers, video games, and Internet.  Digital Immigrants are instructors who speak outdated language. They have trouble teaching us in the way we learn.
We the Digital Natives are use to getting information fast. We are ready to move on once we grasp a concept. We as Digital Natives learn more through games actually seeing things online. According to Prensky Digital Immigrants normally have little to appreciation for the way Digital Natives learn now. They prefer to teach the way they use to learn, which to us is foreign.


Reading Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants by Marc Prensky , made me reflect on the way things were for me in school. Growing up we had computers and all kinds of technology. I loved the weekend because I had no limit on being on the internet or playing educational games on my vtech laptop. In school as much as I like to learn new things I hated learning it in school because the teacher would take forever getting to the next step let alone the lessons.
I like to doodle while the teacher speaks and I use to get in trouble for that, because they felt I wasn’t paying attention when in actuality I was. Over all I found the reading to be very interesting. I really didn’t notice how much technology has affected my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment